What is Botox?
Botox is an injectable medication that contains tiny amounts of purified botulinum toxin protein refined from the bacterium, Clostridium botulinum. It is used as a muscle relaxant
that works beneath the skin’s surface and targets the underlying muscle activity.
The Purpose of Use
Mostly it is the most effective method used to eliminate wrinkles in the upper part of the face, between the eyebrows, forehead and around the eyes. It is also applied in middle and low part of the face.
Common Uses of Botox
One of the most common uses of Botox is the treatment of dynamic lines or wrinkles on the face, which are caused by the movement of muscles due to facial expression. When you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow’s feet. The muscles between your brows contract when you frown or concentrate, causing your skin to fold. Botox injections relax those muscles and minimize the appearance of the dynamic lines on the skin.
What are the common uses of Botox?
- Crow’s feet caused by squinting
- Horizontal lines across forehead caused by raising eyebrows
- The folding of the skin between the eyebrows caused by frowning
- TMD (temporomandibular disorder)
- Tooth grinding and clenching (Bruxism)
- Botox treatment is a very safe procedure when administered
- by a medical professional who
- is trained in performing Botox injections.
- Dentists have superior knowledge of facial
- anatomy, they are trained to provide accurate and
- comfortable injections, and they have
- years of experience dealing with the functional
- and aesthetic aspects of facial muscles.
- At Tourmedical, our dentists are highly
- qualified and trained to deliver Botox injections to our patients.